- One week program offered during the March Break.
- Two week program offered in August.
Actingworks is an intensive run by PBP’s new partner, DramaWay; it has been created in response to a perceived need for a conservatory-style program for individuals who identify as having special needs. With the success of Judith Thompson’s RARE, increasing casting calls in film and television, and the popularity of DramaWay’s year-end showcases, performers of all abilities are beginning to receive well-deserved recognition but maintain that it is difficult to find programs that allow them to further develop their craft. Actingworks gives youth and adults with special needs of ALL abilities the opportunity to access quality, in-depth programming that will help provide specific and tailored training for those interested in pursuing a serious career in the theatre community.
Highlights of the training offered in this program:
- Audition preparation curriculum
- Physical Theatre (Clown, mime, and techniques like those of Bausch and Grotowski)
- Traditional text-based acting
- Instruction and visits from industry professionals
- Intimate class size
- Visit and advice from a local Casting Agency
- Tips on resume preparation
- 1 digital image of an acting headshot
The ultimate goal of this program will be for all enrolled to work towards a successful audition.
For more information about DramaWay’s pre-professional summer intensive and other programs, please follow this link: www.dramaway.com
Click here for clips from our summer 2013 DRAMATIC MONOLOGUES!